TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin)
As our most widely used and highly demanded single-ply roofing system, TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) offers several installation and performance advantages.
Installation advantages include:
- Your choice of 45 mil or 60 mil material thicknesses (dependent on application).
- Can be a fully adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted roofing system offering waterproofing, durability, and longevity advantages.
- Is offered in wider 12 ft. sheets, requiring fewer welds on the surface and expediting the installation process.
- Ideal material for re-roofing over a variety of existing roof membranes.
Performance advantages include:
- Has a high energy efficiency rating that exceeds the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR minimum standards.
- Most commonly offered in white, this membrane has extremely high reflectivity that helps reduce heat island effects in cities and lessens cooling requirements in warmer weather.
- Seams are heat welded together, bonding the sheets on a molecular level and thus providing a more durable and weather-proof seal for your roofing system.
- Is resistant to U.V. and ozone deterioration.
- Is also resistant to mold and algae growth when maintained properly.
- Because of its composition, this material is also extremely resistant to tears and impacts that are frequently the underlying cause of most commercial roofing leaks.
Also worth noting, is that TPO is an environmentally friendly, chlorine free material that can be easily recycled after its use as a roofing membrane has expired. It is also a great material to consider for those contemplating the addition of solar components to their new roofing system.