EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Single-Ply
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) has several great performance and installation advantages that have made it one of the most popular single-ply roofing membranes in the industry for over 40 years.
Installation advantages are:
- Extra wide (up to 15 meter) sheets provide a roof membrane installation with fewer welds, resulting in an expedited installation time.
- This versatile membrane can be fully adhered, mechanically fastened, or ballasted creating installation flexibility according to the roofing system that you need.
- The material is delivered on-site 100% cured. This means no waiting for the material to cure before installation can begin.
- It is available in 45 mil and 60 mil thicknesses, allowing the customer to receive the best possible choice for their new roofing system.
Performance advantages are:
- EPDM is a synthetic rubber roofing membrane that contains essential oils and carbon. This means it is an inert material with relatively little environmental impact.
- This membrane is practically maintenance free, as well and offers an extended life span.
- The U.V. and ozone resistance this material offers is unmatched by any other material currently on the market.
- It is flexible in both hot and cold weather, decreasing the chance of accelerated deterioration due to seasonal temperature changes.
When considering a new roofing membrane for your building, remember that EPDM has been a versatile stronghold of the commercial roofing industry for over 40 years. The unmatched protection and extended life span offered by this material make it a great choice for nearly any commercial roof.